Dive Report: WWII Fletcher Class Destroyer — Rebreather World

21 Май 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи Dive Report: WWII Fletcher Class Destroyer — Rebreather World отключены
Fletcher 238 boat

Dive Report: Fletcher Class


Sponsored Deep Outdoors

Team Leader: Jacoway

Expedition Tyler Stalter

Announcement: May 2009

Location: Clemente Island,

Date of December 20,

Primary Wreck:

War II Class Destroyer. is unknown. to be for target in the 70s. Coordinates in early 2009.

Respecting wreck:

No of any

Minimize touching wreck

Confidentiality location required every member the expedition.


On final day the expedition, dive teams assembled to specific tasks to the Identification, and of the Specific briefings given highlighting safety procedures, and preservation the ships by team Robin Jacoway.

Team Members:

Herman, Brandon Greg Wolfkill, Forsythe, Phillip John Mankat, Ferguson, James Mike Kazma, Pidcock, Robin Bill Reals, Frankel, Chad and Mike

Dive Support Members:

Scott Poindexter, Green and Maier


cu-ft tanks 02 were at 20 on the line.

Two divers in water at deco stops 50% and O2.

Team times were before entering

Time was when team

Teams were by 20 to prevent at the and 20 stops.

If away from visibility of down line, were instructed shoot one and chase will pick

If an ascent was performed by of the two SMB would be by the in distress a signal one of safety divers to immediately to meet team and with the

Dive Team (Phil Marco John Mankat):

Plan Deco:

plan assumed average depth 260

Bottom was planned 25 minutes; run time 115 minutes

planning, we VPM-B +3 added 6 ascent from 20 stop.

We both VPM-live for actual run, setting +3

Diluent: 10/50

1.3 for dive

Bailout: 50%, 100%.


Weather were excellent, breeze, 70F, swells. Due the depth the wreck, dive was boated . can be challenge with teams if done right. down line places mid-ship, off the The surface floated with tension on line, hence minimal current. teams were of two three divers. and I team number The teams separated by minutes to the stack-up divers at 30 and foot stops. and I the only that were enabled (Bill had his too). The of this was to an external video as of the structure as and to very nominal to video of the compartments of wreck, and to see we could the wreck.

checked my before the (set point was 0.7). visibility at surface was (100+), we to

160 when could see strobe at anchor. We ran into first team and Rob). wrote on wet notes the bow to the and the was to left. At

the wreck below us, was huge! and I the bottom

minutes into dive and switched my to 1.3. this point had my light in left hand with the camera and right hand controlling the Everything had leash, so could let of the without risk entanglement or of the if I to address unplanned issues might arise.

and I to go the bow The first we noticed the smoke that had off and in the Next up the bridge; bridge platform squared off The first of Fletcher Destroyers had rounded bridge, this was least second ship. I peak into housing above bridge; it very small empty.

I noticed — was the 5 gun? was missing noticed a cover was the turret The first gun (bow was pointing the bow slightly up an awesome I looked the gun and could the breach awesome! A portion of structure just the port is missing explosion?

Next, we the bow numbers but growth was heavy. The chain was out in of the and was to a steel sunken The bow significant damage impacting the floor. I under the for numbers just saw large Sheepheads. had move the bow 20 feet we examined large exit from an shell. We towards the structure from Massive damage evident on port side the super At this I did penetration into wreck to for further

The bridge where I but only large amounts wires and I did the port and the door of bridge (starboard Next up the torpedo they were in growth. the torpedo we examined third 5

Next up the forth gun. We into the and saw gun s — very The fifth should have next but was missing Here again large steel was covering turret hole, like the gun. On poop deck, came across hatch; the cover was so I into the — nice for the dive!* This brought us the stern, again we not read name or due to extensive marine

Last but least were two propellers the rudder. propellers had growing on with other growth one classify as I shot two of prop blades the scooter out and followed the for about . We 23 minutes the clock it was to return the up

During deco could see one and at the stops and safety divers side them any used and/or gear teams wished discard. At 60 stop, cool jelly swam by it helped the time. the 30 the safety checked on to see we needed gas or we wanted hand anything them to to the We did up at 20 stop neither John I touched up-line during so enough for all use the line when

During this we only a slight on the and it gone by 150 depth. was an dive. John I feel lucky and to have a part this expedition.

you Deep And a thanks to Jacoway, Brandon Tyler Stalter my partner Mankat for a very expedition plan a reality!

edited by Bowen; 24th 2009 at

Interesting Articles

Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "Fletcher":

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts


Born in the USSR


About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Boats and Yacht catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Boats and Yacht